Welcome back to my journey to being 1st on Google.This is the 73rd update for my attempt to rank first for my name, Alan Reeves. If you missed the any of the posts, you can find the first one here, 72nd Week update here (last week), and the ones in between on my Project page. Below are the results as of Sunday, 6-16-13 (click here to do your own search for Alan Reeves on Google):
- #3 – Book Worm Laser & Design on Pinterest (up 12 places from last week at #15)
- #4 – My Pinterest profile (up 15 places from last week at #19)
- #11 – My About page (up 12 places from last week at #23)
- #19 – My videos on Vimeo (up 10 places from last week at #29)
- #41 – My BrandYourself profile (down 2 places from last week at #39)
A check at Google Images showed my picture at #14 and a total of 7 occurrences in the top 100 images.
Cornering the market – from Google to Bing
In addition to searching Google, I have been checking Bing results for my name, Alan Reeves (click here to do your own Bing search for Alan Reeves). Here are the top 5 Bing results:
- #4 – My LinkedIn profile with picture (no change from last week at #4)
- #17 – My Twitter handle, @AlanReeves (no change from last week at #17)
- #21 – My profile on 48Days.NET (down 1 place from last week at #20)
- #22 – My BrandYourself profile (down 1 place from last week at #21)
- #27 – This site, BlueCapra.com (no change from last week at #27)
This week I’m at #4 on Bing. Overall, my top 5 results decreased 2 places with 4 of the top 5 results occurring in the first 25 places. As a whole, I showed up 12 times in the top 100 search results.
A check at Bing Images showed my picture at #10 and a total of 6 occurrences in the top 100 images.
Strategies for 1st
This is another uneventful week but it does look like Google liked my Pinterest profiles quite a bit, launching them up to #3 and #4. Several weeks ago, those two links were at the top but then dropped quite a bit. It will be interesting to go back and see the changes of the different links over the weeks.
Summary – The search for Alan Reeves
I’ve been able to make good progress since the start, going from #91 on 1-25-12 to #2 on 2-26-12 and to #3 today. I have learned a lot about improving search ranking and I have made a lot of mistakes, but it’s a learning process. Stay tuned to see if next week is the week I reach the 1st spot on Google and Bing.
If you only had time to do 1 thing to help your site or name rank better in Google, what would it be? Leave me a comment and let me know.