- According to Strength Finders 2.0, my top 5 themes are Learner, Analytical, Ideation, Futuristic, and Context.
- I have a Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering from Auburn University (1999)
- I have three Associates of Science degrees from Faulkner State Community College (Computer Science, Mathematics, Pre-Engineering, 1996)
- While attending Faulkner State Community College, I tried to take a class in butchering. I was the only one who signed up. The teacher talked me into taking a cooking class (International Cuisine). Really kickstarted my affinity for cooking
- While in high school, I traveled to Germany and Austria for a month. We went to Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Innsbruck, and many other really cool places. I have been itching to go back ever since
- I have a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
- I wrote my first computer program when I was in 4th grade on a Commodore 64
- My wife and I raise Tennessee Fainting Goats (Goatspots.com)
- I am in the process (as of November 2011) of starting my business
UPDATE: Book Worm Laser & Design is now up and running. Check out my video series, Can You Etch It
- I tend to collect hobbies, gaining just enough knowledge and skills to make or do a particular thing, then often, I will lose interest and move onto the next thing. Some of those hobbies include:
- Wood carving – carved a wooden chain from one piece of wood by hand (well, with a knife…)
- Leatherworking – made a biker wallet with a chain that had my initials on it
- Knot tying – learned 10+ of the best knots for different circumstances plus some decorative ones
- Palm handheld device programming – made 3-4 programs but realized that the Palm devices were becoming less popular as the smart phones increased in popularity
- Woodturning – I really, really like woodturning but that hobby has fallen behind due to wanting to start a business
- Photography - I recently purchased a nice DSLR and have greatly enjoyed taking pictures. Check out my Flikr page for the ones I think are the best as well as my journey to taking a Picture a day (at least for a year, maybe longer).
UPDATE: I’ve taken a break from photography to focus on my business, Book Worm Laser & Design.
If you would like to connect with and find me, you can do so in the following ways
Other places where I can be found…
- Squidoo – Interesting and unique uses of laser engraving
- Daily Motion
- Wikimedia Commons