Welcome back to my journey to being 1st on Google.This is the 72nd update for my attempt to rank first for my name, Alan Reeves. If you missed the any of the posts, you can find the first one here, 71st Week update here (last week), and the ones in between on my Project page. Below are the results as of Monday, 6-10-13 (click here to do your own search for Alan Reeves on Google):
- #15 – This site, BlueCapra.com (down 3 places from last week at #12)
- #19 – My videos on Vimeo (down 4 places from last week at #15)
- #23 – Book Worm Laser & Design on Pinterest (down 4 places from last week at #19)
- #29 – My BrandYourself profile (up 1 place from last week at #30)
- #39 – My profile on 48Days.NET (down 1 place from last week at #38)
A check at Google Images showed my picture at #13 and a total of 6 occurrences in the top 100 images.
Cornering the market – from Google to Bing
In addition to searching Google, I have been checking Bing results for my name, Alan Reeves (click here to do your own Bing search for Alan Reeves). Here are the top 5 Bing results:
- #4 – My LinkedIn profile with picture (no change from last week at #4)
- #17 – My Twitter handle, @AlanReeves (no change from last week at #17)
- #20 – My profile on 48Days.NET (up 1 place from last week at #21)
- #21 – My BrandYourself profile (up 1 place from last week at #22)
- #27 – This site, BlueCapra.com (down 4 places from last week at #23)
This week I’m at #2 on Bing. Overall, my top 5 results decreased 2 places with 4 of the top 5 results occurring in the first 25 places. As a whole, I showed up 13 times in the top 100 search results.
A check at Bing Images showed my picture at #23 and a total of 5 occurrences in the top 100 images.
Strategies for 1st
This week, it seems that Bing likes me much more than Google with 13 results in the top 100 and 4 of those in the top 25 (compared to 7 in the top 100 and 3 of those in the top 25 for Google). Still looking for those techniques that work but apparently, not finding them yet. Back to the search…
Summary – The search for Alan Reeves
I’ve been able to make good progress since the start, going from #91 on 1-25-12 to #2 on 2-26-12 and to #15 today. I have learned a lot about improving search ranking and I have made a lot of mistakes, but it’s a learning process. Stay tuned to see if next week is the week I reach the 1st spot on Google and Bing.
If you only had time to do 1 thing to help your site or name rank better in Google, what would it be? Leave me a comment and let me know.