Welcome back to my journey to being 1st on Google. If you missed the first few posts, you can find the first one here, 1st Week Update here, 2nd Week Update here, 3rd Week Update here, and 4th Week Update here. Below are the results as of Sunday, 02-26-12 (click here to do your own search):
- #2 – My LinkedIn profile page (no change from last week)
- #11 – The About Me page from my personal blog, BlueCapra.com, with picture (down 1 place from last week at #10)
- #52 – BlueCapra.com tag page; posts tagged ‘Alan Reeves’ (Up 19 places from last week at #71)
- #60 – Comment I made on AndyTraub.com 2 months ago (Up 12 places from last week at #72)
- #77 – Comment I made on CoachRadio.tv around the middle of December 2011 (down 1 place from last week at #76)
This week was good for my journey to 1st on Google. I stayed at the #2 spot for my first occurrence which is promising. Since LinkedIn occupies the 1st spot, it will be tough to overcome such a large site but that is my goal and I will keep at it until I’m there. Overall, my top 5 results increased 29 places, even though my 2nd and 5th occurrences were both down 1 spot from last week. I showed up 5 times in the top 100 search results.
Strategies for 1st
This week has been a busy one and as a result, my commenting strategy has been reduced compared to previous weeks. Although Google does not include NOFOLLOW links in it’s search ranking directly, it is obvious to me that those comments are useful and helpful.
This week I look forward to do a little exploration, looking for new blogs to comment on that may be outside my normal realm of surfing.
Blogs I have commented on during the past week
AndyTraub.com – It’s about $*%^ time I start writing about marriage
AndyTraub.com – Our default is to do nothing
Summary – The search for Alan Reeves
I’ve been able to make a good amount of progress so far, going from #93 on 1-25-12 to #2 on 2-26-12. That’s an 91 place improvement in 32 days. In all fairness, Alan Reeves is probably not the most sought after keyword on the internet. Nevertheless, the concepts can be used as building blocks for your own SEO journey.
(photo by: digitalart)