Welcome back to my journey to being 1st on Google. This is the 126th update for my attempt to rank first for my name, Alan Reeves. If you missed any of the posts, you can find the first one here and last week’s here (125). Below are the results as of Sunday, 6-22-14 (click here to do your own search for Alan Reeves on Google). Drum roll please….:
- #1 – About me on this site, BlueCapra (no change from last week at #1) – I made it at last!!!!!!
- #3 – Alan Reeves on Vimeo – laser engraving videos (up 1 spot from last week at #4)
- #4 – Alan Reeves on Dailymotion (up 1 spot from last week at #5)
- #20 – Alan Reeves on Pinterest (down 7 spots from last week at #13)
- #38 – Alan Reeves on Scan This Guide (down 21 spots from last week at #17)
This week I’m at #1 on Google. Overall, my top 5 results decreased 26 spots with 4 of the top 5 results occurring in the first 25 places. As a whole, I showed up 9 times in the top 100 search results, but that is okay… I’M AT #1!!!!! (at least, for right now…) A check at Google Images showed my picture at #16 and a total of 6 occurrences in the top 100 images.
Cornering the market – from Google to Bing
In addition to searching Google, I have been checking Bing results for my name, Alan Reeves (click here to do your own Bing search for Alan Reeves). Here are the top 5 Bing results:
- #5 – My LinkedIn page – (down 1 spot from last week at #4)
- #7 – Alan Reeves on Quora (down 1 spot from last week at #6)
- #12 – Alan Reeves on Twitter (up 1 spot from last week at #13)
- #17 – Alan Reeves on BrandYourself (down 3 spots from last week at #14)
- #18 – My page on About.Me (up 2 spots from last week at #20)
This week I’m at #3 on Bing. Overall, my top 5 results decreased 2 spot with 5 of the top 5 results occurring in the first 25 places. As a whole, I showed up 13 times in the top 100 search results.
A check at Bing Images showed my picture at #38 and a total of 5 occurrences in the top 100 images.
Summary – The search for Alan Reeves
This has been a long journey, going from #91 on 1-25-12 to #1 on 6-22-14, about 2.5 years. It has been a while since I have been actively pushing my rankings by commenting on blogs, signing up for and optimizing social media profiles, etc. At long last, my goal has been reached. In next week’s post, we will take a look at the entire 2.5 years (an amazing 126 weeks). The data will be crunched, charts will be created, and this project will be put to rest.
Until then, in the immortal words of Dory, “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming…” towards your goals.