Welcome back to my journey to being 1st on Google. If you missed the first few posts, you can find the first one here, 9th Week update here, and the ones in between on my Project page. Below are the results as of Sunday, 04-01-12 (click here to do your own search):
- #5 – My LinkedIn profile (down 1 place from last week at #4)
- #13 – My profile on Vimeo – check out my video series Can You Etch It (down 1 place from last week at #12)
- #20 – The About Me page from my personal blog, BlueCapra.com, with picture (up 14 places from last week at #32)
- #34 – My pintrest profile for Book Worm Laser & Design (no change from last week)
- #79 – The post, How Would You Use a MeTag™? from CoachRadio.tv about one of my laser engraving products, the MeTag™ (down 20 places from last week at #59)
This week was similar to previous weeks. My first occurrence is at #5 and overall, my top 5 results decreased 8 places. I showed up 6 times in the top 100 search results. My picture did show up 5th in the image results which is also intriguing. Something else that is interesting is the sites that show up in spots #1 through #5:
- A Wikipedia article about a footballer named Alan Reeves
- A Wikipedia search result for Alan Reeves
- The IMDb page for Alan Reeves, composer
- A list of all results matching Alan Reeves on LinkedIn (about 25 matches)
Strategies for 1st
This week I have been focusing on Squidoo. If you have never heard of Squidoo, it is basically a site composed of a variety of niche interest pages called lenses. The whole experience of the site has many aspects of a game where you get points for certain actions. It is an interesting way to explore your interests and on top of that, you can get money from the advertisements on your lens. Time will tell if this is a good way to generate traffic, income, or just a good way to get more practice generating content. Check out my lens on the Interesting And Unique Uses of Laser Engraving.
Summary – The search for Alan Reeves
I’ve been able to make a good amount of progress so far, going from #93 on 1-25-12 to #3 on 3-11-12 even though I have slipped to #5. I have learned a lot about improving search ranking and I have made a lot of mistakes, but this is a learning process. I hope to make significant progress by next week and regain my past progress. Stay tuned to see if next week is the week I reach the 1st spot on Google. If you have any suggestions to get me there, leave a comment and let me know.