Welcome back to my journey to being 1st on Google. This is the 32nd update for my attempt to rank first for my name, Alan Reeves. If you missed the any of the posts, you can find the first one here, 34th Week update here (last week), and the ones in between on my Project page. Below are the results as of Sunday, 9-23-12 (click here to do your own search for Alan Reeves on Google):
- #4 – My LinkedIn profile (no change from last week at #4)
- #19 – My profile at Brand Yourself (up 1 place from last week at #20)
- #21 – The About page on BlueCapra.com, with picture (up 1 place from last week at #22)
- #28 – Book Worm Laser & Design videos on Daily Motion (up 2 places from last week at #26)
- #31 – My profile on Vimeo – check out my video series Can You Etch It (up 5 places from last week at #36)
A check at Google Images showed my picture at #5 and a total of 7 occurrences in the top 100 images.
Cornering the market – from Google to Bing
In addition to searching Google, I have been checking Bing results for my name, Alan Reeves (click here to do your own Bing search for Alan Reeves). Here are the top 5 Bing results:
- #2 – My LinkedIn profile (no change from last week at #2)
- #14 – My profile on Quora (no change from last week at #14)
- #17 – @AlanReeves on Twitter (up 2 places from last week at #19)
- #51 – My Google+ profile (up 5 places from last week at #56)
- #67 – My About page on Quora (no change from last week at #67)
Overall, I showed up 5 times in the top 100 search results on Bing. My first occurrence was at #2 (compared with Google at #3) and overall, my results increased 7 places.
I did manage to show up at #4 for images on Bing, and overall, had 4 in the top 100 images.
Strategies for 1st
This week there were 4 links to tag on Bing. The total so far is 46. All 4 new tags were from blog posts I had commented on months ago. I did not expect to start seeing such old posts popping up on Bing but I’ll take what I can get.
Summary – The search for Alan Reeves
I’ve been able to make a good amount of progress these past many weeks, going from #91 on 1-25-12 to #3 on 3-11-12 and to #4 today. I have learned a lot about improving search ranking and I have made a lot of mistakes, but this is a learning process. I hope to make significant progress by next week and regain my past progress. Stay tuned to see if next week is the week I reach the 1st spot on Google and Bing. If you have any suggestions to get me there, leave a comment and let me know.